We are thrilled to announce that Asha Gomez, chef and author of the award-winning cookbook, My Two Souths, will be our guest chef for our spring edition of Stir the Pot, our dinner series benefiting the Southern Foodways Alliance.
On Sunday, April 23rd, Asha will cook a multi-course dinner at Poole's Diner that celebrates her unique culinary vantage point, a blend of Southern traditions as well as the flavors and recipes from her birthplace, India. Purchase your ticket here.
On Monday, April 24th, we gather at Bridge Club, our private events venue, for a potluck. Help us welcome Asha to Raleigh by bringing a dish to share. We'll provide the main course, and our friends from High Wire Distillery in Charleston will be on hand pouring some of their signature libations. Purchase your ticket here.
The restaurant industry depends on the dedication and work of immigrants, and thrives through the contributions of this diverse group.
On March 26th, more than 20 chefs and beverage professionals from all over North Carolina are gathering together to cook a meal in the spirit of unity and stand in support of our immigrant team members, family members, and guests.
Join us for this very special multi-course dinner, which will benefit the ACLU of North Carolina's important work to protect the constitutional rights of immigrants and all North Carolinians. Purchase your tickets here; seats are very limited.
Participating chefs and groups include:
- Ashley Christensen, AC Restaurants, Raleigh
- Andrew Ullom, AC Restaurants, Raleigh
- Aaron Vandemark, Panciuto, Hillsborough
- Gray Brooks, Pizzeria Toro and Littler, Durham
- Bill Smith, Crook’s Corner, Chapel Hill
- Vansana Nolintha, Bida Manda and Brewery Bhavana, Raleigh
- Angela Salamanca, Centro and Gallo Pelon, Raleigh
- Steven Greene, Heron’s at the Umstead, Cary
- Beth Littlejohn, Player’s Retreat, Raleigh
- Phoebe Lawless, Scratch Bakery, Durham
- Scott Crawford, Crawford & Son, Raleigh
- Elliott Moss, Buxton Hall BBQ, Asheville
- Cheetie Kumar, Garland, Raleigh
- Matt Kelly, Mateo Tapas, Durham
- Daniel Benjamin, lucettegrace, Raleigh
- Vivian Howard, The Chef & The Farmer, Kinston
- Joe Kindred, Kindred, Davidson
- Caroline Morrison, Fiction Kitchen, Raleigh
- Miguel Torres, Lantern, Chapel Hill
- Jeff Seizer, Royale, Raleigh
- Les Stewart, Trophy Brewing, Raleigh
- Nick Johnson, Ponysaurus Brewing, Durham
- Sean Lilly Wilson, Fullsteam Brewery, Durham
- Cathead Distillery
This event will include a multi-course, family style seated dinner (with cocktail, beer and wine pairing), followed by dessert and a small auction.
Due to the nature of this event, individual dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated. We apologize for any inconvenience.
In support of our immigrant team members, community members, family members, and guests who were participating in the national protest, A Day Without Immigrants, we pledged to donate 25% of yesterday’s sales at all ACR properties to the Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project with the NC Justice Center. We remain grateful for the enriching diversity of our community, and were so inspired by the many people who came out to dine with us yesterday in support of this cause. We are humbled to announce that, thanks to you all, we are donating $5,487.39 to the NC Justice Center. Thanks for standing together with us, Raleigh.
It doesn't take giant banquet halls or fancy parties to make a big difference. All you need is some good food and a community that cares.
Last night at Poole's Diner, we were honored to host our sixth annual dinner for Share Our Strength, an organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger in our country. It's a vitally important cause, and one that we are proud to be a part of. And through the generous support of this community, we were able to raise just shy of $140,000 that'll go towards making sure that children in North Carolina always have access to a meal.
We want to thank our guest chefs who joined us at Poole's last night--Joe Kindred, Nancy Silverton, Michael Fojtasek, Hillary Sterling, and Phoebe Lawless--who prepared incredibly delicious dishes for our attendees and donated their time and energy to join us. Huge thanks also to Matt Fern, who joined us to pour some delicious wine. We'd also like to thank our amazing team at Poole's, who volunteered their Sunday evening to help us put on this event.
We feel lucky every day be a part of such an amazing city and feel honored by the chance to give back.
(If you'd like to be informed about future fundraising opportunities and dinners, please sign up for our newsletter.)